definition of happiness 2004 exercise

in 2004 i wrote:

(1) write your definition of happiness.

emerging yourself into the life within you and around you.  enjoying every second for what it is.  giving more.  wanting less.  forgiving with ease.  no anger.  immersed in love, with love.  loving the skin you are in.  gratitude for everything.  meeting new people.  going new places.  not being afraid.  not worrying.  excellent relationships.  fabulous communication.

(2) list people, possessions, achievements and events you thought would bring you happiness, but haven't.  what was the false promise in each?

i thought certain people, at certain times (in certain circumstances) would make me happy... would help complete me.  and yet, as they enhance me on my journey, no other completes me in the way i seek.  it is within myself, with God, within the understanding of being.  it is much deeper than any person would allow you to think.  it is all within, but yet, outside sources can support or discourage, which undeniably (at times) makes a difference in self-realization.

**still sounds good to me 8 years later!  i love finding old journal entries.

0 comments: